Multi-Service Outreach Centers provide a safety net for those in need and a means of moving beyond cycles of aid into self-reliance. We serve people in need of social services who live in geographic areas generally conforming with school districts. Read our newsletter.
- Gardner-Edgerton Multi-Service Center: 510 W Main St., Suite D Gardner, KS 66030 - (913) 715-8980
- North Central Multi-Service Center: 12425 W. 87th St. Parkway, Suite 200 Lenexa, KS 66215 - (913) 715-6650
- Northeast Multi-Service Center: 6000 Lamar Ave, Suite 200 Mission, KS 66202 - (913) 826-5510
- Spring Hill Multi-Service Center: 102 S. Main Spring Hill, KS 66083 - (913) 715-8960
- Olathe Outreach Center: 11811 S. Sunset Drive Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061 - (913) 715-6653
The center managers are available to meet with residents to address their situations. The centers work closely with school districts, area churches, businesses, and organizations, and the community at large. Regular business hours are 8:00 a.m.to noon and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Clients are seen by appointment only so we can provide a confidential setting and give clients our full attention.
Items for the food pantries and funds for stabilization assistance are made possible through the generosity of partnering businesses, schools, churches, community organizations, and individuals. Donations are always welcome!
Services provided include:
- Stabilization Assistance. Funds are available to help qualifying families with rent, utility payments, medical needs, transportation, and other special needs. Assistance may include coordination of services among multiple community agencies.
- Case Management and Self-Sufficiency. Social services professionals are available to help residents seeking guidance and assistance in addressing multiple, complex needs. Case management provides a way for residents to progress from needing emergency assistance to becoming self-sufficient
- Food Pantry. Non-perishable food items are available for qualifying families at the Multi-Service Centers. Toiletries, fresh produce, and meat are provided when available.(Items are not available at the Olathe Outreach Center)
- Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet provides assistance for dental emergencies, diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment, optical needs, and prescriptions (no controlled substances).
- Information and Referral. Comprehensive information is provided about community resources throughout Johnson County.
- Volunteer Opportunities Become part of our volunteer team! If you are interested in volunteering with the Outreach Program or any other program of Johnson County Human Services, please call the Volunteer Services Coordinator at 913-715-8859. More volunteer information.
- Utility Assistance Financial assistance to promote safety and avoid utility disconnection is available to qualifying Johnson County households. Help may be provided with electric, water, propane, gas, waste water, or wood bills. To apply, call 913-715-6653. Services are available by appointment only. More utility assistance information
For help with utilities January-March of each year individuals may also apply for LIEAP, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.