What is the CDDO?
Johnson County Developmental Supports (JCDS) is the Community Developmental Disabilities Organization (CDDO) for Johnson County. As a provision of the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act, a CDDO has been designated for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Johnson County CDDO is responsible for:
- Providing a single point of entry for people seeking services.
- Determining individual eligibility for services.
- Coordinating access to services and supports.
- Assisting individuals in choosing from an array of service options.
- Providing information and referral services.
- Maintaining a network of agency and individual affiliate providers.
- Working with affiliate agencies to ensure customer-driven quality services.