- Valuation date for all property for the current appraisal year roll
- Personal property renditions are sent to registered owners
- Notices of appraised value mailed to real property owners.
- Due date for filing renditions for personal property leased, loaned, rented, consigned, or owned.* These items include office furniture, equipment, machinery, boats, etc.
- Deadline for filing an appeal is 30 days subsequent to the date of mailing of the valuation notice (K.S.A. 79-1448).
- Oil and gas renditions due**
- Notices of appraised value mailed to personal property owners.
- Second half Payment Under Protest payment deadline from previous year
- Deadline for filing a personal property valuation appeal
- Date real property valuation appeals completed at informal level
- Last date for decisions from real property valuation appeal changes to be mailed
- Commercial real estate formal hearings begin
- Appraiser certifies appraisal roll to RTA
- Certify Tax Increment Finance (TIF) values to RTA
- Tax bills mailed to property owners
- Property tax payments, half or in full, due
- First half Payment Under Protest payment due
If a deadline falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the last day to file is automatically extended to the next business day.
* See penalty schedule below for late filings
**Oil and gas penalty schedule is moved back 15 days for each component of the schedule.
Personal Property Penalty Schedule as required by K.S.A. 79-1422 and 1427a
- Filed March 15 through April 15 - 5%
- Filed April 16 through May 17 - 10%
- Filed May 18 through June 15 - 15%
- Filed June 16 through July 15 - 20%
- Filed July 16 through March 15 of following year - 25%
- Filed after March 15 of following year - 50%