The Johnson County Law Library is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for county holidays. It is open 24 hours per day to attorneys who have paid their statutory library fee assessment (registration and address change forms are online). The library is located in the southwest corner of the first floor of the Johnson County Courthouse. To contact the Law Library, call (913) 715-4153/4154.
The library contains most resources needed for researching the law of the United States, Kansas or other states. Resources include:
- Kansas statutes and case law
- Federal statutes and case law
- Case law of all other states
- Missouri statutes and case law
- Practice handbooks covering Kansas and Missouri law in many areas
- Legal encyclopedias, treatises and other materials
- Recent legal periodicals
The library is continuously updating its collection. You can search for materials in the catalog or review its most recent acquisitions.
If you have any questions, please read our frequently asked questions or call us at (913) 715-4154.
Please Note: Law Library Policy - Effective 03/05/2018