KU Edwards Campus
The KU Edwards Campus has served career-focused students in the Kansas City metro for more than 30 years, providing high-demand, high-quality academic programs that produce skilled, talented employees for area organizations.
KUEC serves transfer and nontraditional students by offering a wide range of academic programs, flexible online, in-person and hybrid course formats, and student services to meet the needs of full-time and part-time students and working professionals focused on finishing their degrees or earning graduate degrees or certificates.
Our student population is rich with diversity. Most are working at least part time, some have young children and 30% or more identify as a minority and/or are eligible for a Pell grant. Some are first-generation college students. Virtually every student is looking to start, change or advance in their career. At KUEC, students find a place to belong and the support to succeed.
The Johnson County Education Research Triangle (JCERT) is an important partner with KUEC in three key areas: the development of cutting-edge STEM degrees; student scholarships; and the original construction and ongoing maintenance of the state-of-the-art, 75,000-square-foot BEST building on campus.
Initially, JCERT funded 10 new degrees at the KU Edwards Campus. Now, JCERT-supported programs include more than 20 graduate and 15 undergraduate degrees and certificates in business, engineering, science and technology, with more launching every year. JCERT programs like Civil Engineering, Project Management, Information Technology, Health Sciences and Exercise Science continue to attract more students to KUEC. Online offerings make KUEC programs more convenient for local students while also supplementing enrollment with students from outside the area.
Scholarships made possible with JCERT funds are another benefit of this partnership. To be eligible for these scholarships, students must live in Johnson County, be enrolled in six or more credit hours in a JCERT-supported undergraduate or graduate program and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Preference is given to students with financial need.
More than 700 students have received funding since the scholarship was created in the 2010-2011 academic year, starting with just seven students and growing to nearly 100 students in recent years. Approximately $150,000 in JCERT scholarships are awarded to KUEC students each year.
The BEST building continues to serve the needs of KUEC and the community. It houses 21 classrooms, a computer lab, an exercise science lab, 35 faculty offices and a 350-seat conference center. In addition to meeting a myriad of academic requirements, KUEC provides Kansas City-area businesses, associations, organizations and the KU community with high-quality, state-of-the-art, affordable event facilities for educational purposes, bringing thousands of attendees to the BEST building for classes or events each year.
"The KU Edwards Campus brings the quality of a KU education to our local community, which is of immeasurable value to our citizens and businesses. It provides students an accessible, affordable and flexible pathway to obtaining in-demand degrees and new career opportunities, especially in critical STEM fields. KUEC is responsive to our employers’ needs by continually developing academic programs to remain at the cutting edge of technology and to meet the ever-growing needs of area businesses for a highly skilled and educated workforce. They are an essential partner to the people and businesses of Johnson County."
- Tracey Osborne Oltjen, CCE, IOM | President & CEO
Overland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Project Management - Master of Engineering
- Project Management - Master of Science
- Foundations in Project Management Certificate
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Structural Analysis Certificate
- Structural Design Certificate
- Structural Forensics Certificate
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Master of Construction Management
- Certificate in Construction Management
- Professional Science Masters (PSM)- Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Assessment Certificate
- Professional Science Masters (PSM)- Environmental Geology
- Environmental Geology Certificate
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics, Analytics and Data Science
- Applied Data Science Certificate
- Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science
- Behavior Analysis Certificate
- Applied Statistics Certificate
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Project Management - Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor in Professional Studies, concentrations in Project Management and Health Policy and Management
- Bachelor in Professional Studies, concentration in Applied Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations Management
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Nutrition Certificate
- Public and Population Health Certificate and minor
- Strength and Conditioning Certificate