Update: COVID-19 Exposure Notification Protocol Change
Feb. 2, 2022
This letter is to update you on JCDS processes for notifications regarding COVID-19 exposures. Communitywide infection rates have slightly decreased but remain very high. In line with other provider organizations and the health department, JCDS is discontinuing the practice of identifying and making external notifications to people who may have potentially been exposed.
We will continue to notify individuals, guardians, and care providers when they receive a positive test result and/or their group home or program area is required to quarantine. We will also continue the following:
- Provide weekly testing for individuals through JCDS Nursing (signed consent required)
- Require weekly testing for staff with an opt-out option for vaccinated staff
- Require use of KN95 masks by all staff in program areas/residential homes
- Encourage use of masks and physical distancing for people who receive services
- Provide supports at the Elmore Center in small groups
- Disinfect surface areas frequently and between shifts
- Encourage diligent hand hygiene and use of sanitizer
Masks are not required in our residential locations as housemates are considered a “family unit.” However, staff and visitors in all program locations, including residential homes, are required to wear masks.
Finally, I would like to share that Angeline Anderson, Director of Day/Employment Services, gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday and will be on maternity leave through March 21, 2022. Sarah Schlitter, Director of Residential Services, will be covering for Angeline during her maternity leave.