The Johnson County Department of Health & Environment (JCDHE) is nearing completion of vaccinating health care workers in Phase 1 of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s vaccination plan. Phase 2 is expected to begin by early February. This group includes those 65 and older among others. See below for a comprehensive list of those in Phase 2.
For planning purposes, JCDHE is asking those in Phase 2 to indicate their interest in getting the COVID-19 vaccine. By completing the survey, individuals will be notified when vaccine becomes available with instructions on how to schedule an appointment. Taking this survey does not create an appointment and does not reserve a vaccine.
Phase 2 groups include:
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Persons (employees and residents) in congregate settings, such as:
- Homeless shelters/homeless housing settings.
- Congregate childcare institutions, adult and child protective services.
- Emergency shelters or safe houses for victims of domestic violence.
- Corrections facilities, including jails and juvenile justice facilities.
- Behavioral Health institutions (including mental health institutions) and residential treatment centers.
- Adult care homes, those in home plus facilities not covered in Phase 1.
- Senior living homes.
- Personal care aides.
- High-contact critical workers, such as:
- First responders, correction officers.
- Grocery store workers and food services.
- K-12 and childcare workers.
- Food processing.
- Large-scale aviation manufacturing plants.
- Transportation workers.
- Workers in the following industries, if they regularly need to be in high-risk settings to perform their duties:
- Retail, warehouses and sales outlets.
- Supply of critical services or materials for the COVID-19 response.
- The U.S. Postal Service.
- Department of Motor Vehicles.
- All unvaccinated persons prioritized in previous phases.
The link to the online form is: https://redcap.jocogov.org/surveys/?s=8KWLNLWWHL.
Individuals who need assistance or a Spanish translator, please call 913-715-2819.
Visit https://www.jocogov.org/covid-19-vaccine to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan. For more information, including additional data about COVID-19 in Johnson County, visit www.jocogov.org/coronavirus.