Free eLearning and print resources offered for caregivers
April 27, 2021
In 2021, the Johnson County Area Agency on Aging offers a personalized innovative eLearning program for family caregivers of loved ones with dementia – part of a national program created by Trualta.
Skill-based training is delivered through an online learning system built specifically for the family caregiver audience. Caregivers also receive printed booklets to accompany the online information.
- Personal care (e.g., tips for showering, toileting).
- Dementia care (managing difficult situations like wandering, agitation, apathy).
- Safety and injury prevention (identifying fall risks, safely moving and transferring).
- Caregiver wellness (e.g., balancing work and caregiving).
- Insights from dementia expert Teepa Snow.
To participate, call 913-715-8861.