Johnson County parks begin winter hours
Winter hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. have gone into effect for many Johnson County Park and Recreation District parks until Feb. 28.
JCPRD parks impacted by the new hours are:
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Road, Olathe
- Kill Creek Park, 11670 Homestead Lane, Olathe
- Lexington Lake Park, 8850 Sunflower Road, De Soto
- Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam
- Big Bull Creek Park, 20425 Sunflower Road, Edgerton
Winter hours for Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee and Lenexa, are 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The hours at Meadowbrook Park, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. year-round.
JCPRD parks with year-round dawn-to-dusk hours include: Ernie Miller Park, 909 North Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe; Sunflower Nature Park, 103rd Street and Edgerton Road, rural De Soto; Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th St., Overland Park; Camp Branch Glade, 175th Street and Mission Road in Aubry Township; Arthur and Betty Verhaeghe Park, 11401 W. 167th St., Overland Park; Stilwell Community Park, 207th Street and Metcalf Avenue, Stilwell; and all of the Streamway Park System access points.
Spring-summer hours of 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. for most JCPRD parks will resume March 1.
Most restrooms have been closed during the winter hours with reopening around April 15. Chemical portable toilets are available throughout the parks.
Restrooms remaining open include:
- Shawnee Mission Park - Administration Building
- Meadowbrook Park - Clubhouse and the Grove
- Antioch Park - Near Building A
- Big Bull Creek Park - Maintenance shop/Park Police building on Sunflower Road and the scout camp
- Heritage Park – dog off-leash park