BOCC September recap
Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in September 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Approved and authorized the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget and FY 2022 – 2026 Capital Improvement Program as proposed (with a targeted .25 mill rollback) passed.
- Adopted a resolution of endorsement of the KC Regional Climate Action Plan and to review and implement, as appropriate, the solutions and strategies enumerated therein. Learn more about the Climate Action Plan in this episode of our JoCo on the Go podcast.
- Authorized SFY 2022 grant funding for the State Senior Care Act (SCA) program in the amount of $1,306,240. Funded one additional FTE to assist in administering this service to an additional 150 new Senior Care Act clients in SFY 2022.
- Authorized a fee schedule for services provided by the Medical Examiner’s Office to outside counties.
- Authorized the Chairman to approve and execute an amendment to the employment agreement with the county manager extending the term of the employment agreement for two years with renewal for successive one-year terms.
- Authorized the sale of approximately $41,495,000 principal amount of General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds, Series 2021A (the “Series 2021A Bonds”) of Johnson County, KS on October 27, 2021.