BOCC October recap
Here are the highlights of the Board of County Commissioners' action and activities in October 2021. More information, including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Adding Juneteenth to the standard, fixed holidays for Johnson County Government for the year 2022 and subsequent years.
- Sitting as the Governing Body of Fire District No. 2 of Johnson County, authorized an agreement with Fire District No. 1 of Johnson County and the City of Overland Park to transition Fire District No. 2 services to those jurisdictions.
- Authorized the Johnson County Mental Health Center to add 7.0 FTEs for proposed co-responder positions to provide crisis intervention assistance to the City of Overland Park, City of Shawnee and Northeast Cities.
- Authorized more than $36.7 million in infrastructure funding for two longstanding Johnson County programs to improve local roadways and stormwater systems in 2022, including the CARS program and the Stormwater Management Program. Learn more about the road and stormwater projects.
- Johnson County Government earned another round of coveted Triple-Triple A credit rating with an AAA grade from all three bond rating agencies, leading to a successful issuance and sale of two new bond series. Learn more about this news.