BOCC Dec. 2021 recap
Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in December 2021. More information, including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Allocated $151,500 for the 2022 Human Service Fund as outlined by United Community Services of Johnson County (UCS) in its 2022 Human Service Fund Recommendations Report, and $140,559 of 2022 Johnson County Alcohol Tax Funds as recommended by the Drug and Alcoholism Council of Johnson County, a UCS program, in its 2022 Alcohol Tax Fund Recommendations Report.
- Authorized the purchase of one ambulance patient handling equipment from Stryker Medical, for use by Johnson County MED-ACT.
- Authorized the Mental Health Center to add 1.5 FTEs for proposed co-responder positions to provide crisis intervention assistance to the City of Olathe Police Department.
- Executed a contract for the purchase of a site in Lenexa for future use as a Med-Act station and a second site in Overland Park for the county’s Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Program
- Adopted the 2022 Johnson County State Legislative Platform (more information is available in this news release.)