Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

I have changed my last name, what do I do next?

When a person changes his or her last name, an update is made both to the title ownership and the vehicle registration. This might affect your registration renewal month and could mean that you would owe additional property tax and fees.

If you do not have a lien holder, you need to surrender your current title. If you have lost your title, you may order a replacement title. There is a $10.00 fee and you will need to  fill out this application in order to request a new one to be sent to you.

If you have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to have your lienholder fill out the Lienholder’s Consent form, which tells us that your lienholder is in agreement with a name change in the ownership of the vehicle.

Once you have your paperwork ready, please bring your title or lienholder’s consent form, as well as your current license plate and insurance into one of our motor vehicle offices.