Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

How can I find out if there have been complaints or problems with a daycare?

The online system is now available for reviewing licensed facilities compliance history.   Data entry into the system began in October 2011, so it may be necessary to also send in the written open records request as described below.  To access the on-line system, please go to http://www.kdheks.gov/bcclr/capp.htm.   The system will show violations (regulations not being followed) and Consultations (technical assistance given to provider) for annual and initial visits, as well as other information.  For additional information, contact your local licensing staff.

For an open records request, contact the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) in writing (letter, FAX, or e-mail). Give them the name and address of the facility and request complaint reports, last annual survey, all enforcement actions, and all Notice of Survey Findings (NOSF) forms. One to two years worth of history should be sufficient. Be sure to include your name, address, and phone number and KDHE will let you know the cost of providing this information to you (usually $7.00/hour and $0.25/page for printing costs, however, if less than 10 pages, there might not be a charge.)

Requests may be emailed to [email protected]ks.gov or sent in writing to the address below:

Open Records Coordinator
Child Care Licensing Program
Bureau of Child Care and Health Facilities 
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 200
Topeka, KS 66612-1274