Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Treasury, Taxation, and Vehicles

You are here

Risk Management

Welcome to the Risk Management and Safety Division. We are responsible for managing the county-wide property and casualty insurance and self-funded program, managing the property and liability losses that result from operations, managing the self-funded workers' compensation program, developing safety programs, conducting safety audits, conducting loss control and property conservation inspections, conducting risk management and safety training.

Worker's Compensation

The County is a qualified self-insurer in Kansas for our workers’ compensation program.  Thomas McGee, L.C., is the County’s contracted third party administrator (TPA).  Injured County employees should contact their immediate supervisor regarding on the job injury and accident reporting requirements and forms. The County’s designated worker’s compensation medical provider is Corporate Care.  Employees should seek treatment for all non-emergencies on the job injuries from Corporate Care.

Questions regarding medical treatment, return to work, prescriptions, mileage reimbursement or other benefits related to an injury should be directed to the Risk Management Division at 913-715-0603 or the Claims Administrator at 816-843-4415.

Questions regarding Kansas Workers’ Compensation Statutes and Rules can be directed to the Kansas Division of Workers’ Compensation. The telephone number for the Ombudsman/Claimant Advisory Section is 1-800-332-0353.

Claims for Damages

Johnson County’s automobile liability and general liability program is a combination of self-funding and excess insurance.  

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident with a County vehicle, or wish to make a claim against the County for other damages involving Johnson County operations, contact the Risk Management Division to report the loss and to obtain a Claim for Damages form which will meet the statutory claim reporting requirements per K.S.A. 12-105b(d), if, as a claimant, you are not represented by legal counsel.


The County seeks to provide a safe work environment for all of its employees and visitors and continually strives to prevent injuries and accidents. The Safety Officer dedicates time and resources to develop and maintain safety programs and policies, conduct inspections and accident investigations to identify and eliminate hazards and correct unsafe conditions.  The Safety Officer also provides education and training, and communicates the need for every employee to be personally responsible in preventing injury to themselves and others.

The Kansas Department of Labor, Industrial Safety & Health Division, oversees regulatory compliance of Johnson County.

Corporate Care

Corporate Clinic Location:

9040 Quivira Rd.
Lenexa, KS 66215
Phone: 913-492-9675
Fax: 913-438-8726
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

After Hours Facilities:

Shawnee Mission Outpatient Pavilion 913-676-8501
23401 Prairie Star Parkway, Lenexa, KS 66227

Shawnee Mission Urgent Care
913-888-1151 9040 Quivira Rd, Lenexa, KS

Shawnee Mission Medical Center 913-646-2000
7400 W 74th St, Shawnee Mission, KS

Notice of Available Funds

This site displays the information necessary for Johnson County financial institutions to bid on available funds owned by Johnson County Government. Please note the amount of funds available and the maturity date, as well as the deadline for submission of bid. All bids must be for the full amount of available funds. Johnson County accepts GSE bonds, Treasuries and Federal Home Loan Bank letters of credit as collateral.

If any financial institution has a need for a lesser amount of funds please contact Jeff Sullivan.

Date:  8-25-2021

Available Funds for Wednesday 8-25-21:  $5.0 million

Requested maturity date:  $5.0 million as close to but not later than 1-20-23.

Please e-mail or phone in your bid by: 9:30AM on Wednesday 8-25-21.

E-mail to: [email protected]
Phone: 913-715-0531


Investment Policy Objectives

Quarterly Report - Q2 -2021

Financial Management: Frequent Questions

General Questions

We are located at the Johnson County Administration Building on 111 S. Cherry Street, Suite 2400 in Olathe. Map this location.

No. We cannot process payments due to the Treasurer or DMV in Suite 2400. Real Estate and Personal Property taxes need to be paid in the Treasury Division, and vehicle renewals and registrations need to be processed at either our Mission or Olathe DMV locations.


The Trend Report provides pertinent information regarding the County’s programs and accompanying budgetary, financial and demographic information related to revenues, expenditures, operating position, debt structure, demographics, property tax base, and business activity.

The report provides pertinent information regarding the County’s financial activities for the year being audited. The report also provides budgetary information as well as statistical information about the County.

The Single Audit Report is an audit of all Federal grant dollars received by the County it is designed to meet the needs of all federal grantor agencies and performed in accordance with the Single Audit Act of 1984 and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.

The SRS Report is an audit of all Social and Rehabilitation Services grants dollars received by the County.

Accounts Payable

Contact [email protected] with the following information: Check Number, Check Date, Supplier Name, Check Amount.



The Johnson County Purchasing Division feels a company that specializes in this field better handles this service. Johnson County uses DemandStar and Public Purchase for vendor notification services. All vendors are also welcome to review the Johnson County Purchasing website to view Invitations for Bid and Requests for Proposal. Vendors may request bid packets directly from the County.

You may contact any Buyer by phone or email directly or the best way to assure that you reach a Buyer is to email “[email protected]”.

A term and supply contract is an open ended contract for specific goods or services that the County uses on a regular basis. The County establishes term and supply contracts to maximize the volume of purchases across all of the departments. Once these contracts have been established, Purchasing requires that the vendor selected be used for applicable purchases.

Accounting Reports

Motor Vehicle Tax Estimates:

Local Alcoholic Liquor Fund Estimates:

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports:

Current Interim Reports:

Trend Reports:

Single Audit Reports:

SRS - Department for Social and Rehabilitation Services Audit Reports:

DCF - Department of Children and Family Services Audit Reports:


Accounting staff are responsible for analyzing, recording, and reporting the financial transactions of the County. They prepare the Interim Financial Report, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, and the Trend Monitoring Report as well as other financial reports. They coordinate the Financial Audit, Single Audit, and the SRS Audit. They are responsible for the recording of fixed assets, approval of journal entries and other financial adjustments, and the monitoring of all projects and grants of the County.

Important Links: