Stormwater Management Advisory Council
The Board of County Commissioners adopted Board Resolution No. 76-90—creating the Johnson County Stormwater Management Advisory Council (SMAC). SMAC is an advisory group composed of one appointed representative for each of Johnson County's 20 cities as well as non-voting members from the four surrounding counties, Kansas City, MO, and the Mid-America Regional Council. SMAC primarily operates as an advisory body to the Board of County Commissioners and performs the following functions:
- Review recommendations of the Stormwater Management Program
- Make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners
In addition, SMAC provides the mechanism to complete the following efforts:
- Ensure the stormwater funds collected through the 0.1 percent sales tax levy are consistently applied using the same rational basis without concern for jurisdictional and political boundaries
- Use the stormwater funds collected through the 0.1 percent sales tax levy to correct the more severe flooding problems throughout the County with cost-effective solutions
- Provide a think-tank to consider new and innovative ways to properly manage stormwater
SMAC operates under and is governed by Board of County Commissioner approved By-laws.
All meetings are held at the Johnson County Public Works Facility, 1800 W. Old Highway 56, Olathe, KS 66061.
|6/21/2019||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet||--|
|2/1/2019||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet||--|
|6/22/2018||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet||--|
|3/2/2018||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet||Presentation|