Johnson County Housing Authority has received 62 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs) as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and is working with the Johnson County Continuum of Care to develop an applicant screening and prioritization process. More information will be posted on this website no later than July 31, 2021.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Waiting List is closed until further notice.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program is a federally funded program designed to provide subsidies to very low and extremely low income families, allowing them to locate decent, safe housing while maintaining their rental payments at an affordable level. The program also offers an incentive to private property owners to rent to low income families by offering timely, consistent subsidy payments, yearly inspections, and mediation
The Housing Authority administers Section 8 (HCV) for the cities of De Soto, Edgerton, Gardner, Lenexa, Merriam, Mission, Overland Park, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, Springhill and Westwood areas, Leawood, Fairway, and Stillwell.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
Income change reports are being accepted in person. Refer to signage at front door for location and directions. Elevated measures to protect your health and safety, as well as our own, during the COVID-19 pandemic remain in effect.
With COVID-19 reaching pandemic status and active cases surfacing in Johnson County, our top priority is maintaining the safety and well-being of our clients, landlord partners and employees. We are actively following direction and recommendations from HUD, CDC, State and County officials to help prevent the spread of germs and infection. Because there is currently no vaccine, the best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed and practice preventive measures which can be found at the CDC website.
For HCV Participants in re-certification, please send Tenant Data Sheet and all required documents via e-mail, fax, US Mail or place in drop-boxes located on the front of our building. For HCV Participants reporting income, certifications, or other changes, please complete Change Form or No Income Certification and provide required documents via e-mail, fax, US Mail or place in the large drop-box located at the front of our building.
Johnson County Housing Authority will no longer make copies. It will be the HCV Participant’s responsibility to provide copies of all required documents.
Annual HQS Inspections are being postponed until further notice. Move-in inspections of unoccupied units will continue.
As always, please contact your Occupancy Specialist, by phone or e-mail, with any questions. Thank you for your cooperation and continued support as we work together to maintain the health of our community.
Eviction Prevention Resources:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) : This shareable content is designed to help stakeholders spread important information about the CFPB’s tools and resources related to housing insecurity for renters and landlords during the coronavirus pandemic. The CFPB is committed to providing up-to-date information and resources to help consumers protect and manage their finances in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) has developed a Step-by-Step Guide for renters that are at risk of eviction. You can find the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) guide at the following link: Step-by-Step Guide for People at Risk of Eviction
- Five Year and Annual Public Housing Authority Plan (2020-2024) PDF | WORD
- 2022 Streamlined HCV Plan and Attachement A
- Public Notice for 45-day Review and Comment Period-PHA Five Year FY 2020-2024 and Annual Plan FY22
- Five Year and Annual Public Housing Authority Plan (2015-2019)
- 2018 Streamlined HCV Plan and Attachment A
- 2019 Streamlined HCV Plan and Attachment A
- 2020 Streamlined HCV Plan (PDF) | (WORD) and Attachment A (PDF) | (WORD)
- Public Notice for 45-day Review and Comment Period - PHA Annual Plan FY 2019
- Affordable Housing Handout
- Apartment List
- Check your Waiting List Position Number
- Prospective Tenants
- Fair Housing Equal Opportunity
- Family Self Sufficiency Program
- Payment Standards (2021)
- Income Guidelines (2021)
- Housekeeping Checklist
- Report a Change Form
- Organize Personal Information Flyer
- Eviction Prevention Resources
- Housing Authority Contact Page
- Housing Highlights Newsletter June 2020 | March 2020 | Oct 2019 | July 2018 | January 2018
February 2017 | June 2017 | Sept 2017
- New Landlord Packet
- Prospective Landlords See our Take One flyer. You can make a difference!
- Utility Allowances (2021)
- Payment Standard (2021)
- Contract Rent Increase Request
- HQS Inspection Video
- April 2016 Landlord Meeting PowerPoint
- March 2017 Landlord Meeting PowerPoint
- Fair Housing PowerPoint
- Fair Housing Reasonable Accommodation
- Fair Housing Reasonable Modifications
- Smoke Free Living PowerPoint
- Kansas Legal Services PowerPoint
Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan
Chapter 1 Statement Of Policies And Objectives [PDF]
Chapter 2 Eligibility For Admission [PDF]
Chapter 3 Applying For Admission [PDF]
Chapter 4 Establishing Preferences And Maintaining The Waiting List [PDF]
Chapter 5 Subsidy Standards [PDF]
Chapter 6 Factors Related To Total Tenant Payment & Family Share Determination [PDF]
Chapter 7 Verification Procedures [PDF]
Chapter 8 Voucher Issuance And Briefings [PDF]
Chapter 9 Request For Lease Approval And Contract Execution [PDF]
Chapter 10 Housing Quality Standards And Inspections [PDF]
Chapter 11 Owner Rents, Rent Reasonableness, And Payment Standards [PDF]
Chapter 12 Recertifications [PDF]
Chapter 13 Moves With Continued Assistance/Portability [PDF]
Chapter 14 Contract Terminations [PDF]
Chapter 15 Denial Or Termination Of Assistance [PDF]
Chapter 16 Owner Disapproval And Restriction [PDF]
Chapter 17 Owner Or Family Debts To The PHA [PDF]
Chapter 18 Complaints And Appeals [PDF]
Informal Review Hearing Procedures [PDF]
Addendum - Emergency Housing Voucher Program