In order to achieve higher performance as an agency we need formulate a plan of action, for the next three years, to meet the goals of restoring the Mental Health Center’s financial stability, as well as, reestablishing the Center as a leader in providing state of the art behavioral health services to Johnson County.
To that end in April , 2015 we engaged TeamTech to facilitate a three phase approach over the next 18 months that will result in a strategic plan that is consistent with our vision, culture and embraces our Pillars of Performance.
Phase One: Listening and Learning:
Phase 1 will focus on launching the Steering Committee so they are in a position to guide the Strategic Planning Process. We envision two 3-hour Steering Committee meetings that would result in the following outcomes:
- Understanding the strategic planning process
- Developing a framework for what the Steering Committee would hope to learn from the Focus Groups and then finalizing the Focus Group process at the second meeting
- Scheduling the Focus Group sessions
Phase Two: Strategic Thinking and Planning:
Phase 2 will consist of a Steering Committee 1-1/2 day strategic planning retreat facilitated by TeamTech with the following outcomes:
- Develop a practical vision (“When you can see it, you can achieve it”) around the images of “serving as a gateway” and “utilizing partners.”
- Delineate the blocks that need to be removed in order for the center to reach its practical vision
- Identify strategies needed to close the gap between the vision and where the center is today that include but are not limited to:
- creating and enhancing an organizational culture that empowers people and builds a high(er) performing organization and
- improving internal processes to realize efficiencies and improve quality of care to our community
Phase Three: Detailed Implementation Action:
Phase 3 will consist of TeamTech facilitating a process for moving strategies and broad actions into detailed implementation through a quarterly process that involves those individuals whose time and energy is needed to move the strategies and broad actions from the Strategic Plan into implementable action steps.