Current Salary Ranges – The Paramedics position is reflected as Grade 16 on the Med-Act pay table. Overtime is paid after working 40 hours in a week.
- Technical Levels
24 hour shifts: 1 day on, 1 day off, for 3 working shifts; then 4 days off
- Supervisory Levels
Operations Battalion Chiefs-same as 24 hour shift schedule
Shift Commanders and other Chief Officers work a traditional 40 hour per week schedule.
- Vacation: 6.5 days/year for 24 hour personnel, beginning after 6 months of employment, higher vacation rates apply after 5 and 10 years of service.
- Sick Leave: 6.5days/year for 24 hour personnel.
- Paid Holidays: All personnel receive 9 official holidays and 2-3 additional floating holidays. Holidays worked are compensated at double time. For field operations, holidays not worked are compensated with 12 hours per holiday leave time.
- Uniforms: Provided by the department initially and annual replacement allowance thereafter.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement: For uniformed personnel, Kansas Police and Fire Retirement System and for non-uniformed personnel Kansas Public Employees Retirement System with additional contributions to 457 Plan matched by County up to 3.0%.
The department provides all recertification hours required by the State and National Registry. Other certifications (ACLS, PHTLS, PALS) are available through the training center as needed.