Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Aging and Human Services

Central Office: 913-715-8800

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 1300, Olathe, Kansas 66061

You are here

Southwest Multi-Service Center

The Southwest  Multi-Service Center provides Outreach Services to individuals and families in need living in the Gardner/Edgerton & Spring Hill School Districts. Please call to make appointments.

510 W Main, Suite #D
Gardner, KS 66030

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Cris Lowe & Carlotte Lindsey -  Multi-Service Center Managers 913-715-6653  | (913) 715-2516/fax  

Directions:   Take I-35 south to the Gardner exit and turn west (right) at the stop sign. You will be on 175th St., which is also Main Street.  Continue on Main Street through Downtown Gardner (about 3.0 mi).  

Continue W through the stoplight at Center St.   The road will split, stay to the left and immediately turn right into the parking lot shared with Oakbrook Animal Hospital.  

The multi-service center is located in the Westside Plaza Building at 510 W. Main, Suite D.



Preparing for Your Appointment

Johnson County Human Services Multi-Services Centers provide utility assistance and food pantry to qualifying residents. 

Qualifications to receive services:
  • Must be a Johnson County resident
  • Must be at or below 200% of poverty level  and provide income verification from the previous 30 days
  • Must provide photo ID's for members 18+ in the household
  • Must provide Social Security cards for all members of the household
  • Must have made a payment on utility bill (in the last 90 days) to receive utility assistance
  • Bill must not exceed the maximum amount of funding available
All services are provided by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 913-715-6653. 



Before your appointment, please gather the following documents. All documents must be provided before we are able to assist you. Appointments will be rescheduled if you are unable to produce the needed documentation.

1) Proof of residency documentation that includes client's name and street address (dated within the last 30 days)

Provide one of the following:

  • Utility Bill (for utility assistance)
  • Current lease that is in the client’s name 
  • Another official correspondence - such as government correspondence (example: IRS, DCF, or Social Security) 


2) Picture ID for adults (18 yrs & older) in Household:

Provide one of the following:

  • Driver license or expired driver license if the picture is recognizable. 
  • Passport – current /expired 
  • Military ID with social security number on it
  • State ID
  • Corrections ID

* If a member of the household is 18 years of age and NOT in high school then official picture ID is required  


3) Proof of income for last 30 days for all adults in household 18 years and older  (exception students in high school)

Provide all that apply:

  • Paycheck stub – Payments/ pay stubs received in the last 30 days.   
  • Social Security Administration (SSA) benefit letter for the current year
  • Unemployment letter – online Pay Card report 
  • DCF cash benefit letter or print out from ebtedge.com
  • Bank statement – Bank statement must be within last 30 days, and can be used for self-employed or pension.  All deposits are considered income. Must include client’s name on the bank statement.
  • Proof of child support from KANPAY system or bank statement showing deposits of child support.
  • Cash Payment - If employee is paid cash: copies of the checks or letter from employer stating their income for the last 30 days.  The number of hours worked and hourly rate for last 30 days should be included on the letter.
  • Self-Employment – clients can use personal bank statements to verify income.  



During COVID-19, Outreach Services staff are practicing social distancing by collecting paperwork prior to appointments. Utility Assistance appointments are encouraged to be completed over the telephone during a scheduled appointment. Food Pantry appointments are completed in person with minimal physical contact with staff. 

Before your appointment, please review, print, and sign the following documents:

Outreach Services Client Agreement Form - English, Spanish

MAACLink Client Consent and Release of Information Form - English, Spanish 

If you do not have access to a printer, our staff may receive verbal consent over the telephone in lieu of a signed form. 

Outreach Services

Johnson County residents needing assistance are encouraged to call 913-715-6653. Staff will screen residents for services and direct them to the nearest center.

Multi-Service Outreach Centers provide a safety net for those in need and a means of moving beyond cycles of aid into self-reliance. We serve people in need of social services who live in geographic areas generally conforming with school districts.

  • Southwest Multi-Service Center: 510 W Main St., Suite D Gardner, KS 66030
  • North Central Multi-Service Center: 12425 W. 87th St. Parkway, Suite 200 Lenexa, KS 66215
  • Northeast Multi-Service Center: 6000 Lamar Ave, Suite 200 Mission, KS 66202
  • Olathe Multi-Service Center: 11811 S. Sunset Drive Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061

Qualifications to receive services:

  • Must be a Johnson County resident
  • Must be at or below 200% of poverty level  and provide income verification from the previous 30 days
  • Must provide photo ID's for members 18+ in the household
  • Must provide Social Security cards for all members of the household
  • Must have made a  payment on utility bill (within the last 90 days) to receive utility assistance

Outreach staff are available to meet with residents to address their individual situations. The centers work closely with school districts, area churches, businesses, and organizations, and the community at large. Regular business hours are 8:00 a.m.to noon and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 
Clients are seen by appointment only so we can provide a confidential setting and give clients our full attention.

Items for the food pantries and funds for stabilization assistance are made possible through the generosity of partnering businesses, schools, churches, community organizations, and individuals. Donations are always welcome! To make a monetary donation or in-kind donation, please contact our Community Relations Manager.

Services provided include:

  • Stabilization Assistance. Funds are available to help qualifying families with utility payments, medical needs, and other special needs. Assistance may include coordination of services among multiple community agencies. Rent assistance is offered on a very limited basis to existing clients undergoing on-going case management services.
  • Case Management and Self-Sufficiency. Social services professionals are available to help residents seeking guidance and assistance in addressing multiple, complex needs. Case management provides a way for residents to progress from needing emergency assistance to becoming self-sufficient
  • Food Pantry. Non-perishable food items are available for qualifying families at the Multi-Service Centers. Toiletries, fresh produce, and meat are provided when available.(Items are not available at the Olathe Multi-Service Center)
  • Homelessness - If you are living in Johnson County and need emergency shelter and other homeless services (español) you have options to connect to a variety of supports.
  • Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet provides assistance for dental emergencies, diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment, optical needs, and prescriptions (no controlled substances).
  • Information and Referral. Comprehensive information is provided about community resources throughout Johnson County.
  • Volunteer Opportunities Become part of our volunteer team! If you are interested in volunteering with the Outreach Program or any other program of Johnson County Human Services, please call the Community Relations Manager at 913-715-8859.                     More volunteer information.
  • Utility Assistance  Financial assistance to promote safety and avoid utility disconnection is available to qualifying Johnson County households. Help may be provided with electric, water, propane, gas, waste water, or wood bills. To apply, call 913-715-6653. Services are available by appointment only.  
    For help with utilities January-March of each year individuals may also apply for LIEAP, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.


Olathe Multi-Service Center

The Olathe Multi-Service Center provides Outreach Services to individuals and families in need living in Olathe and Spring Hill.

11811 S. Sunset Drive Suite 1300
Olathe, KS 66061

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Contact Kay Lowe- Multi-Service Center Manager 913-715-6653 voice | 913.715.8825 fax

Please call to make appointments.

North East Multi Service Center

The North East Multi-Service Center provides Outreach Services to individuals and families in need living in northeast Johnson County.

6000 Lamar, Suite 200
Mission, KS 66202
Located with the county's Northeast Offices (in the building with public health, mental health, and the driver's license offices.)

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Contact Beth Johnson & Larry Kutscher - Multi-Service Center Managers  913-715-6653 voice | 913.826.5525 fax

Please call to make appointments.  

North Central Multi Service Center

The North Central Multi-Service Center provides office space for the Human Services Department and the Johnson County Department of Corrections for its Adult Intensive Supervision Program.

Multi-Service Center Outreach Services with the Human Services Department in Suite 300 offer social services to individuals and families in need living in the Shawnee Mission School District.
Please call to make appointments.

12425 W 87th Street Parkway, Suite #200
Lenexa, KS 66215

The center is located on the corner of 87th St. Parkway and Long St., west of I-35 and west of Quivira. It is on the south side of the street, across from the Lenexa Police Department.

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Contact  Jess Collins or Christine Albers, Multi-Service Center Managers 913-715-6653 / voice | (913) 715-2517 / fax


Johnson County Food Pantries

Due to COVID-19, many non-profits have changed their service hours. Please call to learn more about eligibility and if appointments are needed. 

*Also see Harvester's Mobile Food Pantries and where to get help with SNAP the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program formerly known as Food Stamps...at the end of this list.

Johnson County Human Services

De Soto, Kansas

De Soto Kansas Food Pantry
32905 W. 84th St.
De Soto, KS 66018

Food pantry assistance for residents of De Soto.
No phone number

Gardner, Kansas

Divine Mercy Church
555 West Main Street
Gardner KS, 66030

Mobile food pantry. Every 4th Wednesday of the month at 1 pm.

Hope Market
132 E Main Street
Gardner, KS  66030

Food pantry is open every other Friday from 3pm – 7pm. Please call to verify dates the food pantry is open.
[email protected]

Edgerton, Kansas

Edgerton United Methodist Food Pantry
300 E. 4th St.
Edgerton, KS 66021

Edgerton residents only.

Leawood, Kansas

Leawood Presbyterian Church Food Pantry
2715 W. 83rd St.
Leawood, KS 66206

All are welcome, and no documentation needed.

Lenexa, Kansas

Central Church of the Nazarene
12600 W. 87th St.
Lenexa, KS 66215

Provide photo identification and proof of residency. Serves Johnson County.

New Vision Church of God in Christ
9609 Pflumm Road
Lenexa, KS 55215

Call for appointment only.

Nexus Church
15101 College Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219

Residents can sign up on website.

Salem Lutheran Church
9135 Haskins St.
Lenexa, KS 66215

No ID required.

Olathe, Kansas

Catholic Charities
333 E. Poplar St.
Olathe, KS 66061

Provide photo identification and complete intake forms. Must show proof of address.

Center of Grace
520 S. Harrison St.
Olathe, KS 66061

A free drive in meal is available weekly. Call for more information.

College Church of the Nazarene
2020 E. Sheridan St.
Olathe, KS 66062

Must live in Olathe, provide proof of residency and photo identification.

First Christian Church of Olathe
200 E. Loula St.
Olathe, KS 66061

Provide photo identification and proof of residency.

Heartland Community Church
12175 S. Strang Line Road
Olathe, KS 66062

Harvesters monthly mobile food pan

Manna Ministries
1700 W. Santa Fe St.
Olathe, KS 66061


New Hope Presbyterian Church
13310 S. Blackbob Road
Olathe, KS 66062

Provide photo identification and proof of residency (current utility bill). Serves Johnson and Miami counties.

Salvation Army
420 E. Santa Fe St.
Olathe, KS 66061

Provide photo identification and proof of residency.

Overland Park, Kansas

Catholic Charities – Overland Park
9806 W. 87th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212

Photo identification and complete intake forms. Must show proof of address.

Church of the Resurrection - Overland Park
8412 W. 95th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212

Provide photo identification and proof of residency.

Jewish Family Services
5801 W. 115th St., Suite 103
Overland Park, KS 66211

Social Security number, proof of income and photo identification, appointment only.

Renewed Hope
8714 Antioch Road
Overland Park, KS 66212

Appointment only.

St. Mark's United Methodist Church/Santa Fe Waystation
6422 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66202

Photo ID, proof of residency, information for everyone in household and proof of monthly income.

Roeland Park

Roeland Park United Methodist
5110 Cedar St.
Roeland Park, KS 66205



Shawnee Community Services
11110 W. 67th St.
Shawnee, KS 66203

Call for appointment, available to Johnson and Wyandotte County residents.

Spring Hill

Spring Hill Food Pantry at Life Springs Church
210 N. Webster St.
Spring Hill, KS 66083

Serves zip codes 66083,66062, 66030, 66071
Must provide Social Security card or tax return for each member of household.


First Baptist Church - Stilwell Baptist Caring Ministry Food Pantry
19950 Broadmoor Lane
Stilwell, KS 66206

Provide photo identification, utility bill with name and address.


* Harvesters - Community Food Network
Mobile Food Pantries, Commodities
SNAP application assistance 1-877-653-9522



Catch-a-Ride is a social service program that provides volunteer transportation for older adults, people with disabilities and other adults who have no other means of transportation. 

Contact Information:

Anna Collins, Catch-a-Ride Coordinator


1-888-214-4404  toll free

[email protected]

Frequent Questions:

Who can use Catch-a-Ride?

Adult residents  of Johnson County who cannot drive and do not have another means of transportation can access the services of Catch-a-Ride. Catch-a-Ride primarily serves senior adults 60+. Riders must be able to transfer into and out of a car. Riders must be at least 18 years old. Catch-a-Ride does not transport children.

Where can I go?

Catch-a-Ride volunteer drivers take residents to medical appointments, grocery shopping, and social service appointments. Most destinations are within Johnson County. Out-of-county trips are scheduled for some medical appointment destinations (St. Luke's on the Plaza, St. Joseph Medical Center, & UMKC Dental School) but are limited based on the availability of volunteer drivers. All ride requests must be placed with five business days advanced notice. 

Who are your drivers?

Volunteer drivers meet the following requirements:

  • at least 25 years of age or older
  • valid driver's license
  • good driving record
  • current auto insurance

Criminal history checks and motor vehicle checks are conducted on all drivers. All drivers attend a volunteer orientation and a Catch-a-Ride training session.

Will the driver help me from my house to the car?

Catch-a-Ride volunteer drivers provide hand-on-elbow assistance only. Catch-a-Ride is not wheelchair accessible, as the volunteer's utilize their personal vehicles. Riders may bring a walker, cane, or portable oxygen. Riders must be able to transfer in and out of the vehicle. The drivers may carry groceries or packages. However drivers do not enter the homes.

How much does it cost to use Catch-a-Ride?

Johnson County provides basic funding for the Catch-a-Ride program. Riders are asked to make donations. The suggested donation is $5 per one-way trip. Riders will not be denied service because they cannot afford to make a donation. Donation letters are mailed monthly to those receiving rides. You can also make a donation online: Donate Here

How can I become a Catch-a-Ride volunteer driver?

Visit our 'Volunteer Opportunities' page for more information. Volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation to get started.  Mileage reimbursement is available.

For more information about Catch-a-Ride please review our Catch-a-Ride Handbook.

To apply for Catch-a-Ride:

  • Call 913-715-8900 for a telephone screening. Application packets will be mailed to qualifying Johnson County residents.  
  • Print and complete entirely Catch-a-Ride Application. Incomplete applications will be mailed back to applicants.
  • Mail applications to Catch-a-Ride 11811 South Sunset Drive Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061

Additional transportation resource information may be provided for those who do not meet Catch-a-Ride rider qualifications.


Accessibility Services

The Accessibility Program advocates for full access to all aspects of Johnson County life for individuals with a disability, ages 18-59. We provide in-home services, case management, and resources via phone. See below for additional details.

Erika Terpstra, Accessibility Case Manager
Johnson County Human Services
11811 S. Sunset, Ste 1300
Olathe, KS 66061

913-715-8916  Voice

1-800-766-3777 TTY

In-Home Services - A variety of in-home services is available to Johnson County residents with a physical disability, who are homebound, and 59 years of age or under, to enable independent living.

  • Homemaker services help you maintain the cleanliness of a home, such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors, laundry, changing bed linens, and cleaning bathrooms. Services are usually a couple of hours of home care weekly or every other week.
  • Home-delivered meals are an option for individuals with a disability who qualify as needing this service. A hot noon meal is provided Monday – Friday.
  • Case management assists persons with a disability in assessing needs, finding available resources; and connecting them with resources so they can live as independently as possible.
  • Call for information regarding income guidelines.

Additional services, resources, and support groups for individuals with disabilities are listed by category in the Aging & Accessibility Directory, where the categories Disability Services, Sign Language Interpreting, Support Groups and more may be especially helpful for the services you need.   Also see My Resource Connection for service listings.