Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Aging and Human Services

Central Office: 913-715-8800

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 1300, Olathe, Kansas 66061

You are here

Aging & Disability Resource Center

Aging & Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) are visible and trusted places where people can turn for information, assistance on public long-term support programs and benefits, especially Medicaid or KanCare in Kansas. The local ADRC is hosted by the Johnson County Area Agency on Aging  913-715-8861. The statewide comprehensive call center can be reached at  1-855-200-2372 to initiate assistance anywhere in the state of Kansas. 

Contact Information:

Information & Assistance Specialists
Johnson County Aging & Disability Resource Center
11811 S. Sunset, Suite 1300 Olathe, KS 66061
Email - Information & Assistance for ADRC

Tell us your needs and start a process where resources and options to meet those needs are addressed.  Information Specialists can provide information and referral to community resources, an overview of eligibility criteria for public programs, and perspective on the process that is involved to get assistance.  They can provide basic information, options counseling, or refer a person for assessment by an Eligibility and Options Specialist.

Area Agencies on Aging serving all Kansas counties provide ADRC services throughout the state.  They provide information, options for benefits and services as well as  assessments for the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) programs for the Frail Elderly(FE), Physically Disabled(PD),  and Brain Injury (BI).   HCBS services can help individuals at home or in some assisted living facilities that are enrolled as Medicaid providers.   Other parts of the KanCare and HCBS

Medicaid’s  7 Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Programs

  • The PD Program helps those with long-term Physical Disabilities (PD) age 16-64
  • The BI Program helps individuals with Brain Injuries/strokes (BI) age 0-64
  • The FE Program helps the Frail Elderly (FE) age 65+
  • The IDD Program supports Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD) ages 5+
  • The SED Program helps children with Severe Emotional Disturbance age 4-18
  • The Autism Program helps children under age 6 with Autism
  • The Technology Assistance Programs helps individuals age 0-21 needing Technology Assistance.

Read more about Medicaid and Home and Community Based Services at

Medicaid is state healthcare insurance for low income... 

    • Pregnant women
    • Children under the age of 19
    • People 65 and over
    • People who are blind or disabled determined by social security
    • People who need nursing home care

Application for Medicaid (KanCare in Kansas) is made at www.applyforkancare.ks.gov or by requesting an application from the KanCare ClearingHouse in Topeka 1-800-792-4884.

Medicaid is not Medicare which is federal healthcare insurance for people over age 65 and people with kidney disease and disabilities. See Medicare/SHICK

People can qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare and be dual eligible.  Medicaid can help them pay for their Medicare premiums.  People who qualify for HCBS Medicaid services may have client obligations and co-pays before Medicaid can help with the cost of healthcare services.