If you are planning to visit another country, we can provide the necessary vaccinations. If you are unsure of what immunizations are required for your intended destination, visit the CDC travel website to find out. All immunizations are given at the Olathe clinic during the COVID-19 outbreak. The Mission clinic is closed until further notice.
What to Bring with You
- Your or your child's immunization record
- Insurance card
Immunization Clinic Hours (Olathe)
- Monday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. - Noon
During high volume times, we may need to temporarily suspend our walk-in immunization service.
Travel Immunizations Offered
- Chickenpox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis A – Adult/ Pediatric (age 18 & under)
- Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
- Meningitis: Menomune/Menactra, Trumenba
- TB Test
- Tetanus diphtheria/Tdap
- Typhoid Vi
- Prescription for Oral Typhoid
- Yellow Fever
Immunization Consent Form
A written consent form is required for all immunizations. A parent or guardian must provide a written consent form for children under 18. Please bring child's current immunization record to the visit.
Clients may pay for vaccines out-of-pocket or bill to insurance. JCDHE is a KanCare provider for all managed care organizations: Aetna Better Health of Kansas, Sunflower and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. JCDHE also accepts private insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City, Ambetter, Cigna, Aetna and UnitedHealthcare. We do not accept insurance from any Medicare HMO plans. Many of the services JCDHE offers are covered by insurance; check your health benefit plan to confirm coverage for payment of services.
JCDHE is a Vaccines for Children Program (VFC) provider. The program provides free vaccines to children age 18 and younger with an administration fee. Find out if your child is eligible for the VFC program.
We accept cash, check, credit or debit card as payment for clients who do not meet criteria, are without insurance or who carry other insurance plans.
Private pay immunizations have to be paid at the time of service. Price is subject to change based on the cost of the vaccine.
- Centers for Disease Control (Travelers' Health) website
- U.S. Department of State travel information
- World Health Organization
- United States Department of Homeland Security
- Adolescents and Adults: Take this quiz to find out which vaccines YOU may need. This quiz provides information for people age 11 years and older.