If you have an interest in pursuing a degree or career path in Corrections or the Field of Criminal Justice, please check out these valuable resources:
In order to provide knowledge of the Corrections field to interns, Johnson County Department of Corrections shall utilize college students as interns in residential and field settings to give them hands-on knowledge of career opportunities within the criminal justice/corrections field. Internships can be completed at the:
- Adult Residential Center
- Adult Field Services
- Juvenile Detention Center
- Juvenile Case Management
- Juvenile Intensive Supervision Probation
- must be 21 years old
- must pass a background check
- must attend training
- preference will be given to those interns that are currently enrolled in a course requiring an internship
Interns will work predominantly in one area listed above, but will be exposed to other areas in the department.
(Opening the application requires Adobe Reader. To install Adobe Reader please go to this website: https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
Calendar of Events:
Fall 2018 Internship timeline:
- Applications are due no later than July 1, 2018.
- Formal interviews will be held either the week of June 18, 2018 of July 9, 2018.
- Internship training is scheduled for Monday, July 23, 2018 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Adult Residential Center (141 Mission Parkway, New Century, Kansas 66031).
- Placements are scheduled to begin in August 2018.