All questions regarding the state's emergency public orders, including stay-at-home mandates and business closures, should be directed to [email protected]. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment can be reached at 877-427-7317 after business hours. Questions may also be sent to [email protected].
Johnson County launched a hotline for the public to ask questions about COVID-19. Calls will be answered by school nurses from Johnson County Schools. Call 913-715-2819 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2021 CDDO Resource Fair
Join us online April 5-8, 2021
Mark your calendar for the Johnson County Community Developmental Disabilities Organization virtual resource fair! This event is for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, families, service providers, and jobseekers! If you live in Johnson County and are wondering how to get access to IDD services for your school-aged or adult child, this fair has everything you need to get started and become familiar with the process.
Check out the schedule of events.
The Johnson County Community Developmental Disabilities Organization (CDDO) is the single point of entry for IDD services in Johnson County. As a provision of the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act, a CDDO has been designated for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
The Johnson County CDDO is responsible for:
- Providing a single point of entry for people seeking Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) services.
- Determining eligibility for IDD services.
- Coordinating access to services and supports.
- Assisting individuals in choosing from an array of service options.
- Providing information and referral services.
- Maintaining a network of agency and individual affiliate providers.
- Working with affiliate agencies to ensure customer-driven quality services.
- Receiving complaints and addressing concerns with IDD services in Johnson County.
- Completing Initial and Annual Reassessments (BASIS) to ensure continued functional eligibility for IDD services.
- Capacity planning.
- Assisting individuals who are moving in or out of Johnson County.
- Maintaining annual contact with individuals who are on the waiting list for IDD services.