What is the Community Developmental Disabilities Organization (CDDO)?
Johnson County Community Developmental Disabilities Organization is the CDDO for Johnson County. As a provision of the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act, a CDDO has been designated for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Johnson County CDDO is responsible for:
- Providing a single point of entry for people seeking services.
- Determining individual eligibility for services.
- Coordinating access to services and supports.
- Assisting individuals in choosing from an array of service options.
- Providing information and referral services.
- Maintaining a network of affiliate providers.
- Working with affiliate agencies to ensure customer-driven quality services.
What is Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)?
HCBS encompasses several waivers funded by KanCare (the Kansas Medicaid program) that were created to provide services to individuals with disabilities in their home community instead of an institution, such as a nursing home, hospital, or intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF IID.) Services are designed to provide individuals with the least intensive level of care necessary and to promote greater independence.