As a provision of the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act (K.A.R. 30.64.27), CDDOs are required to develop a Quality Assurance Committee. This is a committee of volunteers made up of people receiving services, guardians, families, interested citizens, community provider representatives, and other outside parties. They ensure:
- Services that are paid for are delivered.
- Services provided meet Kansas regulations.
- Services ensure the rights of persons.
- Persons receiving services have basic health and safety needs met.
- Persons receiving services have opportunities to make informed choices about where they would like to live and work.
- Persons are free from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
If you would like further information about this committee, please call 913-826-2600 or email email@example.com.