The Airport Commission operates two air transportation facilities serving the aviation needs of the region, which contributes to Johnson County’s economic vitality and quality of life.
Vision: Promote aerospace activities in Johnson County and providing economic value and job creation.
Mission: Take advantage of safe runways, railroads, water systems and available land. Our work provides a hub for aviation operations, training and technology; full utilization of existing facilities; successful recruitment of tenants and partners; and development of land to promote growth.
- WE Promote aerospace through:
- Business Services
- General Aviation Services
- Safe environment and quality facilities and infrastructure
Resulting in strong sustainable Air Operation
- WE Promote Strategic Partnerships and Economic Value through:
- New Development on available land
- Retention of existing customers
- Recruitment of new businesses to existing facilities