Located at 175th Street & Interstate 35, Exit 210, on over 2,500 easily accessible acres in the southwest Kansas City metropolitan area, New Century is where air, rail and interstate highway come together; a true multimodal center.
Click here to see the 2017 KDOT Economic Benefits provided to the Community by the Airport.
- IXD - New Century Land Release
- APPENDIX A - Preparers and Qualifications
- APPENDIX B - ALP and Aviation Forecast
- APPENDIX C - Agency Correspondence
- APPENDIX D - Protected Species and Habitat Assessment Technical Memorandum
- APPENDIX E - Farmland Conversion Impact Rating
- APPENDIX F - Hazardous Materials and Wastes Technical Report
- APPENDIX G - Section 106 Consultation
- APPENDIX H - Section 404 Coordination
- APPENDIX I - Sponsors Land Use Letter
- APPENDIX J - Public Involvement
- Table of Content
- Chapter 1 - Inventory
- Chapter 2 - Forecasts
- Chapter 3 - Requirements
- Chapter 4 - Alternatives
- Chapter 5 - Facility Plan
- Chapter 6 - Financial Plan
Air Service Feasibility Study:
Facilities: There is a 7,300' main runway with a 5,000' crosswind runway, FAA contract air traffic control tower, Category I instrument landing system, and fire station.
Services: Three full-service fixed base operators on the field provides fuel, lubrication and flightline services for all classes of reciprocating and turbine aircraft, seven days a week. Other services include air charter, aircraft sales, aircraft maintenance and flight training.
History: The airport was originally constructed as a Naval Air Station in the early 1940s and was the continental headquarters of the Naval Air Transport Service (the Navy's in-house airline). The Johnson County Airport Commission acquired the site in 1973 and renamed the facility the Johnson County Industrial Airport. The name was changed to New Century AirCenter in 1995 to better reflect changing times and the advanced technology industries located in New Century Business Park.
Improvements: Recent improvements to airside facilities include replacing a transient ramp, taxiway "L" and the east T-Hangar ramp. In 1998, a new fire station was constructed.
T-Hangars: The County owns and operates a total of 218 T-Hangars at both Johnson County airports. Aircraft owners wanting to rent a T-Hangar should call (913) 715-6000 to check availability or email email@example.com. View the T-Hangar Waiting List Policy for additional information or download the following documents: New Century AirCenter (IXD) T-Hangar Map Layout, 2019 Rental Rates, 2020 Rental Rates , T-Hangar Waitlist Request, T-Hangar Maintenance Request, or Contact Information Update.
Aviation Businesses: The following is a list of resident aviation businesses at New Century AirCenter:
- Advanced Aviation, L.L.C. - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator, Aviation, Maintenance, Fueling, Flight Instruction, Avionics Sales and Servicing
- Blue Feather Charter - Aircraft Charter
- Butler Avionics, Inc. - Aerospace and Services Industries
- JCI Interprises, LLC - Avionics and Aircraft Instrument Repair
- Kansas Aircraft Corporation - New and Used Aircraft Sales and Cessna Dealer
- Midwest Mooney - Aircraft Sales
- New Century Air Service - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator and Line Service, Pay at the Pump Fuel, Aircraft Maintenance and Insurance Repairs, Aircraft Appraisals and Sales
- Signature Flight Support - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator
- Skyyway Aviation - Aircraft Charter and Storage