Land Record Recording Fees
*The exact amount is required for all filing fees. Make all checks payable to: TTV*
|2021 Fee Description||Amount|
|Recording deeds, mortgages, other writing instruments
--additional pages or fraction thereof
|Release of mortgage or assignment of real estate mortgage
--per physical page of document
Example of Release of mortgage (1 pg total +1 bk/pg = $20)(2 pg total +1 bk/pg = $24)
|$16.00 per bk/pg
|Recording plats, for each page (not to exceed 30"x 36")||$32.00|
|Name(s) not printed or typed under signature(s) (KSA 28-115)||$1.00|
|Filing Federal Tax Lien Notices||$32.00|
|Release of Federal Tax Lien||$32.00|
|Federal Tax Lien Certificate KSA 79-2616(d)||$15.00|
|Release of Kansas State Employers’ Tax Lien (First page only, additional fees may apply for second and additional pages and fractions thereof)||$71.00|
|Discharge of State Lien from Department of Labor for overpayment of employee benefits
K.S.A. 44-717(E)(1) Additional fees may apply for second and additional pages and
|Lis Pendens Federal KSA 60-2201||$5.00|
|Lis Pendens Non-Federal||$8.00|
|Release of Lis Pendens||No Charge|
|Abstract of judgement||$17.00|
|Release of Abstract of judgement||$17.00|
|Document Re-file Affidavit||$21.00|
|Liens for materials and services under KSA 58-201, and amendments thereto||$17.00|
|Mortgage Registration Fee Affidavit||No Charge|
|Mortgage Cap Affidavit||No Charge|
|Sales Validation Questionnaire||No Charge|
|Uniform Commercial Code (National Form Required) -- All are $15 for the first 10 pages - each additional page is $1|
Most documents require a 3” margin on the top of the 1st page of document and 1” top, bottom and side margins throughout rest of document.
If sufficient space is not provided for the necessary recording information on a document, such information shall be placed on a cover sheet and such sheet shall be counted as a page.
The cover sheet should include Document Type, Grantor, Grantee and Legal Description and adhere to the 3” margin rule stated above.
Document font can be no smaller than an 8 point font.
KSA 28-115e “The document shall be sufficient legibility to produce a clear and legible reproduction. If a document is judged not to be of sufficient legibility, such document shall be accompanied by an exact copy thereof which shall be of sufficient legibility to produce a clear and legible reproduction and which shall be of sufficient legibility to produce a clear and legible reproduction and which shall be recorded contemporaneously with the document and shall be counted as additional pages.” The Department of Treasury, Taxation and Vehicle may reject any document which is not of sufficient legibility.
All fees are set by K.S.A. 28-115 and include Heritage Trust Fund and technology fees.
- Copies, per Document Page = $.25
- Certification of copy = $13.00
- Copies of UCC (per page) = $1.00
- Certification of UCC copy = $7.50
- UCC Search (per event or name). Copy fee separate. This information will not be faxed. Pick-up or mail only. + $15.00
Note: UCC Information is generally purged after 5 years.
- Plat Copy (per page) = $5.00
- Certification of Plat Copy = +$13.00
- Parcel Map = $10.00
- Buffer Single (200ft, 500ft, 1000ft) = $20.00
- Buffer Custom (Multiple Parcels) = $50.00
- GIS Section Map = $20.00
- GIS Section Map w/Aerial = $25.00
*Please fill out the Open Records Request Form when requesting maps.*
MAP/DATA DISCLAIMER: While the Department of Treasury. Taxation, and Vehicle has no reason to believe there are inaccuracies in the information used in this map, this department makes no representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to information, data, or service furnished herein.
Subscribers to the Johnson County Treasury, Taxation, and Vehicle online public record index will pay a fee.
- Monthly Billing Fee = $175 per month
- Quarterly Billing Fee = $500 per quarter
- Yearly Billing Fee = $2000 per year
- Reconnection of Service Fee due to non-payment = $50 to be paid before service is reconnected
Subscribers will receive the following benefits:
- Search the Johnson County land records index for documents recorded from 1920 to the present.
- Access a single document or a related document set.
- View and/or print unlimited copies of document images.
- Access images usually within a week of filing.
- Subscription Agreement Package