Birth Certificate Name Changes

Parents (biological mother/father) desiring to amend a child's birth certificate need to have in their possession a certified copy of live birth registration from the Vital Statistics Department for the State of Kansas.

If you need to obtain the Birth Certificate please call 785-296-1434.

Criteria for a change

  1. Child under 18 years of age, and born in Kansas.

  2. Both biological parents (mother and father) must voluntarily want to amend the birth certificate.