The purpose of the state Perspective is to show the difference of appraised and assessed values of Kansas counties compared to Johnson County, and show how each counties value contributes to the state.
The State Perspective is published each year in April.
The pie charts shown on each report breakdown percentages by county for specific categories (listed below) and how they compare with the State’s total.
- Total of All Property Appraised
- Total Assessed Real Estate
- Total Assessed Residential Real Estate
- Total Assessed Commercial Real Estate
- Total Assessed Public Utilities
Source: The Statistical Report of Property Assessment and Taxation is published annually by the State of Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Property Valuation.