Isolation and Quarantine Calculator
Use this calculator to determine how long your should stay in isolation or quarantine following a positive COVID-19 test or close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Get started by making a selection below and then entering the date of your test or exposure.
What is isolation?
Isolation is the separation of sick people from those who are not sick. Individuals with COVID-19 should isolate within their household and use a separate bedroom and bathroom from other family members as much as possible in order to avoid spreading the infection to others in their household.
What is quarantine?
Quarantine is a strategy used to prevent transmission of COVID-19 by keeping people who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 apart from others, even if they’re not showing symptoms. While a person is in quarantine for COVID-19, they should stay home and away from other people.
What is an up-to-date vaccination status?
Your vaccination status is considered to be up-to-date if you have:
- Received your COVID-19 Booster OR
- Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last five months OR
- Completed the primary series of Johnson & Johnson vaccine within the last two months
What is a not up-to-date or unvaccinated status?
You are not up-to-date or unvaccinated if you have:
- Not been vaccinated for COVID-19 OR
- Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna more than five months ago and are not boosted OR
- Completed the primary series of Johnson & Johnson more than two months ago and are not boosted