Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in May 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Conducted a public hearing to authorize funds for the Nelson Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements pre-design phase services in an amount not to exceed $16,085,000.
- Appointed Michael Eglinski as interim auditor effective June 1, 2021 and hired a national search firm to recruit for the position of county auditor.
- Authorized funds to build a new website for the Johnson County Election Office.
- Approved two new Johnson County Developmental Supports FTE Employment Specialist positions for job development and placement for adults with IDD seeking integrated, competitive employment.
- Announced that beginning June 3, members of the public can sign up the day of the meeting by 9:20 to make public comments in person at the BOCC business session.