The May-June issue of The Best Times magazine is on its way in the mail with a cover story featuring master gardeners from the Johnson County K-State Extension Office preparing for the May 21-22 garden tour featuring five private gardens.
The issue also profiles Johnson County’s only two hometown recipients of the Medal of Honor for valor in the Korean War and World War I.
Other articles include:
- Advice from the Department of Health and Environment on vaccinations against COVID-19.
- Emergency assistance to eligible Johnson County families under financial strain due to the pandemic to be able to stay in their homes and keep current on their utility bills.
- Johnson County becomes the first county in the Kansas City Region to be recognized as a Community for All Ages.
- Ozone season is under way in Johnson County with SkyCasts alerts during the summer regarding daily air quality based on anticipated ground-level ozone.
- Virtual Summer Reading at Johnson County Library is starting on June 5.
- Upcoming events include park concerts with Kansas City Symphony musicians and Gameshows of the 1980s fun, both in May, and a summer solstice celebration and a Travel Show, both in June.
Read the May-June issue of The Best Times magazine online or download it today!