Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in April 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Reviewed the Public Health Order issued March 25, 2021 and adopted Resolution No. 032-21 thereby establishing Public Health recommendations to slow and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Johnson County, Kansas.
- Approved the recommendation to return to in-person meetings in the BOCC hearing room as of April 8, 2021.
- Authorized a contract with Facility Solutions Group, to perform lighting upgrades for multiple County buildings as part of the Energy Retrofit program in an amount not to exceed $337,237.
- Approved and authorized the employment of Peggy Trent, effective May 17, 2021, at an annual salary and benefits set by Johnson County policy, to serve in the capacity of County Advisor pending her admission to the Kansas Bar to quality for appointment by this Board as Chief Counsel for Johnson County.
- Appointed David Boisvert as County Appraiser for a term commencing July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2025, pursuant to K.S.A. 19-430.
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Johnson County District Attorney’s Office, providing up to $860,650 to fund the salaries, and any employee benefits that may be reimbursable with Federal COVID-19 Pandemic Aid Funds (FPAF), for three prosecutors and one trial assistant.
- Conducted a public hearing and authorized Johnson County Wastewater to utilize the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) alternative delivery method for the Nelson Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements project.