Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon
Johnson County Logo

Johnson Countians may receive critical funds for housing, utilities

Johnson County families still under financial strain due to the COVID-19 pandemic can stay in their homes, keep current on their utility bills and stay connected. Relief funds are available through the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation (KHRC) to applicants of the Kansas Emergency Rental Assistance (KERA) program.

The KERA program offers tenants up to 12 months of assistance with current or past due rent and past due utility and internet bills, including electric, gas, water, wastewater, trash removal, and home energy services. Renters can apply for assistance with all, some, or any one of the services offered.

Both tenant and landlord must apply online. If the applicant meets the eligibility criteria, KHRC will make payments on the tenant’s behalf directly to the landlord or service provider(s).

Read the full news release, or to learn more and apply for KERA assistance, visit the KHRC website.


Sign up for monthly email updates from Johnson County