On Tuesday, April 13, Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola provided a written COVID-19 disease and vaccine update to the Board of County Commissioners.
Highlights from the update include:
- There were 259 new infections last week. Up from 208 the week prior. This translates to an average of 37 new infections per day.
- The primary measure/criteria for schools is the incidence rate. Our recommended phase is the Yellow Zone.
- COVID-19 testing remains available throughout the county, through JCDHE and state-sponsored locations. See further below in this email for additional details.
- Johnson County residents and workers in ANY PHASE can now make an appointment without filling out the interest survey. The interest survey is no longer available.
- You can sign up for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment here.