Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in March 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- Approved a new health order and additional recommendations.
- Authorized a sublease agreement with Dimensional Innovations, Inc. at 15500 W. 108th St., Lenexa, KS, to provide a centralized and dedicated location for COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Approved the appointments of Initial Members of the Wastewater Development Advisory Committee.
- Authorized the Chairman to sign agreements with cities and fire districts in Johnson County for supplying supplemental staffing for the County's COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites and compensating cities.
- Approved the Johnson County Annual Noxious Weed Management Plan for 2022.
- Accepted $3,098,240 awarded to Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) for the purpose of providing staffing and infrastructure support.
- Adopted the 2021 Johnson County Federal Legislative Platform.
- Authorized $16,085,000 for the Nelson Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements pre-design phase services and approved a contract with Black & Veatch for predesign phase engineering services.