On Tuesday, March 30, Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola provided a written COVID-19 disease and vaccine update to the Board of County Commissioners.
Highlights from the update include:
- There were 230 new infections last week. That's up from 222 the week prior. This translates to an average of 33 new infections per day.
- When calculated as a rate, we are at 38 cases per 100,000 residents per week.
- The primary measure/criteria for schools is the incidence rate. Our recommended phase is the Yellow Zone.
- COVID-19 testing remains available throughout the county, through JCDHE and state-sponsored locations. See further below in this email for additional details.
- Johnson County is currently serving Phases 1-5 of the state's vaccination plan. Those who live/work in Johnson County, who are 16+ can complete the all-phases interest survey to receive a vaccine.
- The new vaccination clinic site in Lenexa is up and running.