Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in Feb 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- (Sitting as the Board of Public Health), approved the removal of curfews and closing times for restaurants, bars, night clubs, and other businesses licensed to sell alcohol for on-premises consumption that are currently included in Section II, paragraphs (4) and (5) of Johnson County Board of Public Health Order No. 002-20.
- Voted to continue to conduct BOCC meetings virtually through and including March 25, 2021.
- Established a new 2021 Charter Commission in Johnson County and approved the appointments of the eight Charter Commission members as proposed by the Chairman and the Commissioners.
- (Sitting as the Public Building Commission) Authorized the contract amendment with Titan Built, LLC for the Central Resource Library Staff and Space Consolidation (CSSC) Project in a total contract amount not to exceed $8,173,911.
- Approved Johnson County’s Aging and Human Services Department to accept $18,609,765.40 in Coronavirus Relief Funding for the purpose of providing rental and utility assistance to Johnson County residents.