By the end of today, Johnson County Department of Health and Environment will have vaccinated more than 43,000 people either at its own clinics or through our health care system partners. JCDHE received 6,825 doses from the state to be used next week. Dr. Sanmi Areola, director of JCDHE, announced on Feb. 11 at the regular meeting of the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners the following vaccination plans for the week of Feb. 15:
- Health care workers – JCDHE reached out to more than 6,800 people whose second doses are due for appointments next week. Appointments are being scheduled via a unique link.
- 80+ population - The county will provide second doses to this group next week. JCDHE contacted more than 4,500 people to make appointments to attend vaccine clinics next Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. People in this age group should complete the interest form. Those who have successfully completed the county’s interest form and have not been vaccinated will receive a follow-up email or phone call from the county on how to book an appointment. We are regularly monitoring our data to ensure that everyone who takes this survey is being contacted when they are eligible for an appointment.
- 65+ population - Johnson County hospital systems – Advent Health, Menorah, Overland Park Regional, Olathe Health, KU-Med, St. Luke’s Hospital are offering vaccinations. Go to their websites for more information.
- K-12 public and private school staff and daycare providers – These individuals will continue to be vaccinated through Children’s Mercy next week at various locations. Eligible staff should receive information from their school or district administration. Saturday is a clinic for daycare center staff and home childcare providers who completed the county’s interest survey.
- Independent Living Facilities - JCDHE is working with Hy-Vee and Auburn pharmacy to provide vaccinations to 1900 people in 27 independent living facilities.
- Heart to Heart International – JCDHE has finalized an agreement with Heart to Heart to assist in the coordination of volunteers. hearttoheart.org/vaccination-effort/
- Anyone in the Tier 1 categories who missed their first dose – these individuals can make an appointment at any available vaccination clinic.
Get more information about the vaccinations in Johnson County at jocogov.org/covid-19-vaccine.