On Tuesday, Feb. 9, Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola provided a written COVID-19 update to the Board of County Commissioners.
Highlights from the update include:
- Johnson County is currently in Phase 2 of the state's vaccination plan, and Tier 1 of the Johnson County plan.
- Johnson County has administered approximately 20,500 doses. Additional clinics are scheduled through Feb. 11.
- Children's Mercy will hold a vaccine clinic on Feb. 13 for day care centers and home child care providers (by appointment).
- There were 722 new infections last week, down from 957 the week prior. This translates to an average of 110 new infections per day.
- When calculated as a rate, we are at 129 cases per 100,000 residents per week. Our goal is <50 new infections per 100,000 residents.
- The primary measure/criteria for schools is incidence rate. Our recommended school gating criteria is the Red Zone.
- Testing remains available through state-sponsored sites. Appointments can be scheduled at gogettested.com/.