Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in Dec. 2020. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- (Sitting as the Governing Body of Fire District No. 2) Authorized a 3-year agreement with Johnson County Fire District No. 1 to provide code enforcement services within the Fire District’s boundaries west of Lackman Rd, in the City of Spring Hill, and within the boundaries of Miami County Fire District No. 2.
- Adopted the 2021 Johnson County State Legislative Platform.
- Approved holding the Dec. 10, Dec. 17, Jan. 7 and Jan. 14 meetings via Zoom, with public comments submitted in writing until a mutually agreeable option for virtual public comments is found. The following week, the BOCC authorized a 3-member BOCC committee to review virtual public comments and develop a process including considerations such as equity and possible time limits.
- Purchased a mobile clinic to be used for COVID testing and response.
- Authorized agreements between Johnson County and the cities of De Soto and Edgerton for the provision of law enforcement services in 2021 by the Sheriff's Office.