Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in Nov. 2020. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
The board took the following actions:
- (Sitting as the Governing Body of Fire District No. 2) Approved a one-year agreement with the City of Spring Hill to provide Fire and Rescue Services to that portion of the City that is not located within the boundaries of Johnson County Fire District No. 2.
- Authorized the Sheriff's Office to accept $200,000 in grant funds from the FY19 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program from the National Institute of Justice to purchase a Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) for the Criminalistics Laboratory.
- Authorized an agreement between the Mid-America Regional Council and the Johnson County Department of Health and Environment in an amount not to exceed $400,000 for access to a Regional Coordination Hub (Hospital Dashboard) and deployment of COVID-19 testing teams.
- Amended the FY 2020 budget for the Mental Health Fund in the amount of $1,522,700; and approved State SPARK grant funds in the amount of $438,082.
- Accepted funding and increased budget authority in the amount of $187,877 related to the service agreement between Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) and the University of Kansas Medical Center Research Institute, Inc. for participation in the “RADX-UP: Improving the Response of Local Urban and Rural Communities to Disparities in COVID-19 Testing”. The agreement includes two additional full-time equivalent positions.
- Set an official meeting calendar for the Board of County Commissioners for 2021.