On Tuesday, July 14, Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola provided a written update to the Board of County Commissioners on COVID-19.
Highlights from the briefing include:
- COVID-19 cases and clusters are increasing (In the first 10 days of July, we had more cases reported than were reported in the entire month of June).
- The increase in cases is not explained by increased testing. The percent positive is increasing.
- Most of the new cases are occurring outside of long-term care facilities.
- 30-40 people are working daily on case investigation and contract tracing activities.
- JCDHE is exploring ways to increase testing capacity. Demand for testing has increased.