As Kansans prepare for the July 4th weekend, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment has put together a guide to help you safely celebrate.
The guidance comes from the Governor's Ad Astra Reopening Plan and reflects the state's current recommendation to counties to remain in Phase 3 of the plan.
In addition to the requirement to wear masks, it's recommended that you:
- Limit gatherings in your home with 45 or fewer individuals, not including those you live with.
- Stick to outdoor events whenever possible.
- Disinfect surfaces and use disposable or single-serve items as much as possible.
- Maintain mass gathering limits and physical distancing at pool parties, restaurants, parks or other social venues.
- If you're sick, stay home and contact your doctor.
- For travel, follow the KDHE travel and quarantine guidelines (noted further below in this email) and avoid high-risk travel areas.
Get more tips on parties, gatherings and get-togethers.