Taking steps to protect yourself from exposure to this novel coronavirus is as important as ever. The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment continues to remind everyone to take steps to stop the spread of germs like COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing as defined by the CDC (6 feet of distance from others).
- Avoid large groups.
- Wear a cloth face covering when in a community setting, especially in situations where you may be near people. These settings include grocery stores and pharmacies. These face coverings are not a substitute for physical distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.