On Tuesday, May 12, Dr. Sanmi Areola, director of the Johnson County Department of Health and Environment provided the Board of County Commissioners a written update on the county's response to the pandemic.
Information in the update includes among other items, new details of the county's testing plan.
- Long-term care facilities - continue to be a priority, including ongoing random testing of residents and staff; widespread testing at facilities with outbreaks
- Vulnerable populations - testing has increased for the homeless population, racial/ethic minorities and those in the low-socioeconomic status population
- Symptomatic individuals - testing by appointment will begin soon as details are finalized
- Sentinel sites - details being finalized
- Drive-thru testing for the public without an invitation, details being finalized
- Antibody testing, planning stage
Learn more about testing in the county.