Please consider being a part of the Johnson County Election Office's team on Election Day, when more than 2,000 election workers are needed to serve the voters at the county's polls. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and be involved in the election process. To join teh election worker team, complete an application at vote4joco.org/apply or contact the Election Office at 913-715-6836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resident of Johnson County, Kansas
- Registered to vote at current address
- A clear/current copy of your Social Security Card
- Government issued photo ID
- Never been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to be an Election Worker
- Cannot be on the ballot or related to anyone on the ballot in the precinct where appointed to serve
- Complete four (4) hours of training
- Training Session: $25
- Election workers: $110 per day
- Supervising judges: $135 per day
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- All election workers report to their assigned work site on Election Day no later than 6 a.m. to prepare for 7 a.m. opening of polls.
- Following the close of polls at 7 p.m., all election workers assist the supervising judge with closing down the polling site.
- State law requires training prior to every election for all election workers
- Must work at least two elections before applying to be a supervising judge
- Instruction manual is provided to all election workers
- All election workers are required to provide their own food and drink for the entire day
- Election workers are not allowed to smoke at polling locations