Flyer Digital Imaging Photo Project - This flyer will be with all van drivers & photographers
The Johnson County Appraiser’s Office has contracted with Tyler Technologies, Inc. to provide detailed, high-resolution street level images of the exterior of every property in the county. Kansas law requires counties to update property information every six years in an effort to maintain accurate data on every parcel in the county. Correct up-to-date property information is crucial to ensure fair and equitable property values.
In addition, this project will:
- Improve the overall quality of the county’s real estate data.
- Save taxpayers money by making the property tax administration process more efficient.
- Make available for emergency management recovery the reports necessary for state and federal assistance.
- Validate property addresses to identify homes for fire, police and medical emergency response.
Please note the following:
- Imagery will be captured from customized white vans that will be clearly marked with signs indicating they are conducting an imaging and address verification project for the county.
- All personnel assigned to this project have been issued photo identification badges that must be visible at all times.
- Local law enforcement has been notified of van descriptions and their locations.
- Photographs are taken from public right-of-way whenever possible.
For more information:
Paul A. Welcome, CAE, FRICS, ASA, RMA